Check Me Out on Lucky Community:

Sunday, March 4, 2012

This is my very first post!  Unfortunately at the moment, I cannot post a pic of my outfit for Monday because my photographer (AKA my husband) is otherwise engaged.  However, it should be up tomorrow.  Just wanted to share what my weekly outfit planning routine entails:

1) Check weather for the week - especially living in upstate New York where even when it's "Spring" there can be snow.  I like noaa.gov.

2) The temperature of the day will drive what type of pieces I'm going to wear like sweater vs. long sleeve crew neck.  Then I think about the pieces I haven't worn in a couple of weeks and how I could mix and match them with something outside the box, i.e. pairing a simple grey sweater dress with the new plum colored tights I got on clearance at Target (because they already have summer stock in??) to pep it up, and black boots.

3) Put together 5 outfits and think about the shoes, maybe even trying some on to make sure they look as good as I visualize them to be.

4) Set up the ironing board and iron in front of the TV and hit the DVR.  I use an old school GE metal iron with an old school spray bottle.  I got the iron off of eBay for about 12 bucks.  It rocks!  When I set it to "Wool", it's meant for "Wool".  It's made some of my clothes look like new again.

5) Hang up the outfits in the closet in the order I will wear them and I'm good to go.  And by the way, I always hang my pants on the hangers with clips after ironing.

It may sound like a lot of work, but I guarantee it will make your mornings a little less stressful, and maybe you can even sleep a little later.

4 comments:

  1. More power to you. I usually just pick up something from the 'clean' pile on the floor that does not require ironing. Usually about 10 minutes before I have to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking Kelli! I know, I'm a little obsessive, but I guess that's my "thing". I give credit to all the women who can pull it together so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, you are amazing. Ironing makes me cry. And I usually change my mind about what to wear 2 seconds before walking out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura : ) I don't know about amazing, maybe a little crazy, yes.

    ReplyDelete