Check Me Out on Lucky Community:

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hick Chick Chic

Here in the "stix" we have to wear some sort of outerwear most of the year.  It's an integral part of all of us upstate New Yorkers' wardrobes.  When I was growing up in Saugerties, plaid flannels were almost like a uniform for most of the guys I went to school with, and probably still is for some of them.  This coat reminds me of a hipper version of a flannel.  I spotted it last fall in an edition of People StyleWatch magazine.  I had to have it!  I searched far & wide (in cyberspace) with no luck, it was sold out everywhere.  So I saved a search on eBay & voila, finally, last spring, it appeared & for only 20 bucks!  It was a "buy it now" purchase.




JACKET:  Jolt faux shearling blanket coat.  Bought from eBay.  Find selection here
HAT:  Target bought on clearance.  Find similar here
GLOVES:  Isotoners!  Yes, my mom wore these, and so do I.  I LOVE the way they fit.  I have them in brown and neutral.  There are strips inside which are great for driving.  I also love the chevron patter on the wrist.  Find selection here

No comments:

Post a Comment